Replacing Faulty Electrical Outlets & Switches?

Mar 04, 2021
Replacing Faulty Electrical Outlets & Switches?

Replacing Faulty Electrical Outlets & Switches?

There are many home repairs and renovations that you can handle on your own, and it is often very rewarding to do so. However, when it comes to electrical repairs, these types of fixes are best left to home electrician professionals and expert residential electrical services. Cue Wireman Electric, the local leader in electrical repair and home wiring services. While you can certainly learn to replace your own faulty electrical outlets and electrical switches, things can go south fast. Thankfully the residential electrician team and Wireman are here for you. If you notice any of these tell-tale signs from your electrical switches and outlets, waste no time in getting them examined and replaced.

Your Lights Are Flickering

Flickering lights in your home can indicate a variety of things, from burnt-out bulbs to the need for major electrical repair. Somewhere in between lies a problem with your outlet or switch. Lights flickering can be a good indication that the power required for the connected lights is greater than the component can provide. If that’s the case, it’s time to schedule a residential electrician for an upgrade.

electrical outlets

Your Outlet or Switch Feels Hot

Electricity generates heat, but excessive heat can indicate a major problem. If you notice any switches or outlets in your home are noticeably hot to the touch, turn off the power to them immediately and call a professional electrical service to have a closer look. Electrical repair is never something to take lightly, but a hot switch or outlet is especially concerning and could turn into a major problem jeopardizing the health and wellbeing of you and your family at a moment’s notice.

Your Outlets are Sparking

Similar to the indicators above, sparking outlets are easy to notice and require immediate attention. It doesn’t take a licensed electrician to recognize that sparks emitting from an outlet is a bad thing. If you notice this in your home, cut power to the outlet immediately and call a licensed electric service as soon as possible.

Replacing or repairing faulty outlets and switches is not an expensive endeavour – especially with Wireman Electric’s electrical contractor rates – but it could save you big time in the long run. If you notice any of the aforementioned signs of outlet or switch damage, or your outlets and switches haven’t been replaced in a long time, give the team at Wireman a call today. We’re always eager to help keep our clients safe when it comes to the threats posed by broken or malfunctioning home wiring and electrical systems.