DCC Load Management with EV Charger Install
An electrical calculation has determined that your electrical service cannot accommodate a new EV Charger Load, we always recommend a service upgrade for detached homes and load management systems for non-detached homes.
How it works:
The load management system will monitor your electrical panel’s total power. Once 80% of your panel capacity has been met the DCC will disconnect your EV Charger from the panel. The charger will be reconnected once the value has dropped below 80% for approx 15mins.
Install package prices start from $2900 plus tax, and electrical permit costs vary. Additional charges that are not included in the electrical scope – drywall/paint repair, roof repair, building envelope repair, asbestos testing/abatement (required for homes built prior to 1990). Price is subject to a site visit.
Step 1: Prepare Budget:
Send the following information and images to [email protected]:
- Information: full home address, square footage, location of electrical panel
- Following Images: Electrical Panels in the home (Clear images of the labeling on the panel)
Appliance list, type of heating in the home, number of electric stoves, hot tubs, etc.
Step 2: On-Site Visit
- Once requested information and images have been sent to us, our team will provide a budget via email.
- Once a budget is approved, our electrical team will schedule an onsite visit.
- A final quote will be sent once an onsite visit is completed. If that quote is approved, our office will ask for a deposit prior to pulling permits and scheduling.
Step 3: Permits/Scheduling
- Permits take up to a week to be issued.
- BC hydro scheduling may take up to two weeks. Once a day has been scheduled, we will inform the customer of the date.
Step 4: Day of Install
- Technicians may require power to be turned off for 1-2 hours for the install
- Note: the customer is responsible for, roof repairs, building envelope repairs, and drywall/paint repairs
- EV Wiring included up to 10ft within the electrical panel.
- The customer is responsible for the supply of an EV Charger
• PRICES ARE SUBJECT TO SITE VISITS AS EACH PROJECT IS UNIQUE
• PACKAGE PROVIDED IS FOR 8/3C COPPER, 40AMP CIRCUITS
• ADDITIONAL FEES MAY APPLY FOR RESIDENTS LOCATED ON VANCOUVER ISLAND
Or call us if you have any question778-874-6000