Residential Electric Vehicle Chargers
Install EV charger package prices start from $750 plus tax + electrical permit costs vary from city to city.
Additional charges that are not included in the electrical scope: drywall/paint repair, roof repair, building envelope repair, and asbestos testing/abatement (required for homes built prior to 1990). Price is subject to a site visit.
Step 1-Prepare Budget/Load Calculation:
Send the following information and images to [email protected]:
- Full home address, with square footage
- Electrical Panels in the home (clear images of the labelling on the panel)
- Location of electrical panel in a home
- Appliance list, type of heating in the home, number of electric stoves, hot tubs, etc.
- Additional charges apply for asbestos testing for homes built prior to 1990
Step 2: On-Site Visit
- Once requested information and images have been sent to us, and a load calculation has been completed our team will provide a budget via email.
- Once a budget is approved, our team will schedule an onsite visit.
- A final quote will be sent once an onsite visit is completed. If that quote is approved, our office will ask for a deposit prior to pulling permits and scheduling.
IF THE LOAD CALCULATION SHOWS YOUR ELECTRICAL PANEL IS NOT CAPABLE OF HANDLING AN EV CHARGER LOAD, TWO OPTIONS ARE AVAILABLE: A LOAD MANAGING DEVICE/SERVICE UPGRADE MAY BE REQUIRED.
Step 3: On-Site Work
The team will require the power to be turned off for 1-2 hours. The total installation will take 2-4 Hours based on a standard installation. Once work is complete the office will help to complete BC Hydro rebate paperwork (up to $350 currently offered by BC Hydro).
- Includes 8/3 Copper or 6/3 Aluminum (for receptacle installs only) wiring within 10 Ft of an electrical panel, based on the panel being located in a garage. All wiring is surface-mounted.
- 6/3 Aluminum (for receptacle installs only)
- Drywall cutting will be required to enter electrical cable into a panel, cut above or on either side of an electrical panel
- Electrical Panels not located in the garage or are greater than 10ft are subject to additional fees, an onsite visit will be required for pricing
- The electrical contractor is not responsible for drywall/paint/home envelope repair
- Customers can supply their own chargers or we can provide level 2 chargers starting from, $950 plus tax (charger must be BC Hydro approved for rebates)
BC Hydro Rebates:
Our office will help you with the paperwork for your rebate if applicable.
• PRICES ARE SUBJECT TO SITE VISITS AS EACH PROJECT IS UNIQUE
• PACKAGE PROVIDED IS FOR 8/3C COPPER, 40AMP CIRCUITS
• ADDITIONAL FEES MAY APPLY FOR RESIDENTS LOCATED ON VANCOUVER ISLAND
Unless you have been living under a rock, it is plain to see that technology has been advancing at a very rapid rate. Virtually every aspect of our lives seems to have progressed more in the past couple of decades than in the years prior, including the automotive industry. In Vancouver and beyond, an increasing amount of drivers are switching to electric cars and reaping all the benefits of doing so. While many drivers seem to be on board it is taking businesses a bit to catch up, which is where Wireman Electric comes in! Our expert installation staff has experience in all types of electronics from household electrical panels to, more recently, EV car charger installation and charging station maintenance at both commercial and residential sites.
Most electric vehicle owners use their homes electrical panel and a standard 120-volt outlet to handle the majority of their EV charging needs. All modern electric cars come with an adaptor that enables you to connect your vehicle to a standard outlet.
Get the fastest car charging option
If you are looking for a faster charging station option or, as a business, you want to provide the best EV charging options for your patrons then consider contacting Wireman Electric for 240-volt EV car charger installation and any questions you may have about a new charging station. If you do opt for a 240-volt option, our experts will install all of the appropriate and specialized equipment necessary to connect vehicles to chargers. This equipment will operate off of a dedicated 240-volt electrical circuit on your electrical panel, and you can trust our passionate and experienced staff to teach you all of the ins and outs of your new system.
Whether you are a homeowner looking to upgrade your electric car charging station or a business or strata owner hoping to improve the amenities of your property, Wireman Electric has you covered. Our team of expert electricians has decades of experience in the industry, and they have quickly become leaders in the electric vehicle sphere as well. From inception to execution, our team will be at your side the entire way. We are always excited to serve as consultants for any questions you may have, can walk you through what the installation and maintenance process will look like, will provide an accurate quote that will transform into a competitive rate, and complete the installation in the most timely and professional manner possible.
No project is too big or too small for Wireman Electric and our team is always thrilled to help move the electric vehicle revolution forward. Contact us today with any questions or to schedule an appointment. We look forward to hearing from you!
Or call us if you have any question778-874-6000